What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Builders Near Pooler, GA

Burt36

I'm New Here
RV Builders,

I am looking into building an RV7A in the Pooler, GA area. I would like to meet RV builders and pilots to get an idea of what this is all about. I have been an Engineer for thirty years and finally have the opportunity to start building an airplane.

Best Regards,

James

I live in Pooler. There are several builders and owners of flying RVs in the area. I would be happy to show you some builds and flying planes.

Quite alot of activity in Ridgeland (3J1).
RV7, RV7A , 2 RV8's under construction ( well at least 3 of them are, the other is hibernating), F1 Rocket, several others, 80% Folke Wulk 190 under construction. LOTS of talent, interesting guys around, Several A&P's, IA's on the field.
Come over and take a look.
Tom

LHW

I have a flying -4 based out of LHW, and am slowly building a -14 (averages 2-4 rivets/month). Not a TON of GA in the area as compared to other places I have lived, but a good portion of what little activity there is is RV. Feel free to PM me.

Me too!

Another builder (RV-7A) from Richmond Hill, just south of Pooler. I am in the lot that Tom of TSFlightLines (aka Hoser) mentioned above but will be moving to LHW (Low Country Regional, Hinesville) once flying.

Either 3J1 or LHW would be a good fit from your location. Hangar space will likely be the deciding factor. Also, traffic once you cross the river into SC can be a pain at times.

We'll have an opening soon for a new builder at 3J1 with all the tools and lots of experience from Dennis Argetsinger (hangar owner, A&P, multiple builds). I am there most weekends working on my -7A and hope to be flying later this year.

Quite alot of activity in Ridgeland (3J1).
RV7, RV7A , 2 RV8's under construction ( well at least 3 of them are, the other is hibernating), F1 Rocket, several others, 80% Folke Wulk 190 under construction. LOTS of talent, interesting guys around, Several A&P's, IA's on the field.
Come over and take a look.
Tom

Perhaps the confused look on my face and holding of hand tools backwards fooled you?! Like I mentioned...very slow learn as I go build! P.S. all the hoses are great.

Back