What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Van?s Wiring Harness?

boearl

Well Known Member
Patron
Hi Folks,
Anyone use Van?s wiring harness with a Stein?s built panel or Dynon/AFS quick panel?

Regard,

Yes, I used Van?s wiring harnesses on my completed RV14-A, all the harnesses are built by Stein for Van's. Very good quality harnesses that will save you time if you are not in the wiring business. Installs in the RV14 in 4-5 hours if it is your first time.
Call Stein to get the version you need for your avionics. I built mine with all Garmin G3x-Touch experimental products to avoid software integration problems now and in the future. The new Garmin 507 autopilot and the CAN bus system wiring make installation and configuration of a G3x system fairly easy. Both Stein and Approach Fast Stack build Garmin G3x harnesses that are very cost effective for a non-avionics pro.
If you want an IFR GPS, the Garmin GTN 625 & GDU 460 combo with GTX 45R (transponder, traffic and WX) is a bargain when including wiring harnesses.

Sorry but some misleading stuff on this thread. I recommend not making a decision on what avionics to buy based on wire harnessses.

Modern EFIS systems are plug and play, no matter what brand you buy. They are dirt simple to do yourself - no need to pay someone to do it. But, Stein will be happy to make a harness for anything you want.

Pick the system you want based on the features and the price/value equation. For me that is dual SkyView displays and a GTN-650. For others it will be something else.

Carl

Back