What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lemo Receptical

Veetail88

Well Known Member
Anyone have a source for the Lemo panel mount socket?

Spruce lists them, but they come with a wiring harness that I don't need. All the correct wires are already routed where I need them.

Thanks

I don't know where you could get the connector itself. I would recommend just cutting the Spruce harness short and tie into your own.

+1 on just splicing into your wiring. They recommend soldering the wires from the Spruce ones directly to the terminals on your GA jacks with the existing wires. I haven't done it yet either, but I have two harnesses sitting in my hangar waiting for warmer weather... :p

I don't know where you could get the connector itself. I would recommend just cutting the Spruce harness short and tie into your own.

Another +1, it's the path of least resistance. I fought for a couple weeks trying to find a bare plug before giving in.

+1 on just splicing into your wiring. They recommend soldering the wires from the Spruce ones directly to the terminals on your GA jacks with the existing wires. I haven't done it yet either, but I have two harnesses sitting in my hangar waiting for warmer weather... :p

That's what I did. My harness goes to the standard jacks, then the LEMO pigtails just attaches in parallel.

+1 as well

Spliced into existing so my spare headset could be used if the Bose failed.

doesn't it wrankle a bit to pay $60 for a plug that should cost $5? I was hoping there was a digikey equivalent. I am sure Bose doesn't make these themselves. Or is it me? My Scots blood?

doesn't it wrankle a bit to pay $60 for a plug that should cost $5? I was hoping there was a digikey equivalent. I am sure Bose doesn't make these themselves. Or is it me? My Scots blood?

It's still a lot cheaper than the David Clark option....

-Dan

I purchased mine from DigiKey (P/N PTG.M0.6NL.LC65N ~$30) and soldered them in next to the standard jacks.

pin 1: Power (10-32VDC via 1/4 A fuse or 1/2 A breaker)
pin 2: Audio ground (also serves as power return)
pin 3: Audio left
pin 4: Audio right
pin 5: Mic high
pin 6: Mic low

tsuqypqb.jpg

cLaGg5Ob.jpg

Last edited:
I purchased mine at Amazon.com for $32 before the price was increased. The wires coming out of them go to the GA Jacks that will work any headset and I spliced the power wire to run forward to the fuse block. Just added the LEMO jack this year. Should have done it over 15-years ago.

One more drawing from the Bose manual to help with connecting to existing jacks.

See http://www.vx-aviation.com/sprocket/photos/panel_elec/schematics/AUDIO2.pdf

I wired my jacks to support conventional headsets, an ANR power jack for Headsets, Inc conversion kits and Lemo for Bose/Lightspeed ANR headsets.

One wrinkle was that Headsets, Inc. needs 10 volts maximum power and the others need 10 volts minimum, so I put in a 10 volt regulator for power. Since I only had a 5 volt regulator on hand, I McGivered it as shown. The regulator also helps to reduce electrical noise. Note: Also to reduce noise, I ran a separate audio ground wire rather than using the shield for power ground.

I used to use Lemo connectors by the bucket load at TRIUMF-- I am appalled that they are so expensive now.

AUDIO2.pdf

Last edited:
Back