What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Beringer parking brake

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
Bled my Beringer brakes today with masters horizontal going smooth using a little oil can to send the fluid from the calipers to the reservoir.

Parking brake question : does pullin the brake actuate the brakes or isncorrect procedure to push the toe brakes and the lock them withbthe parking brake?

Bled my Beringer brakes today with masters horizontal going smooth using a little oil can to send the fluid from the calipers to the reservoir.

Parking brake question : does pullin the brake actuate the brakes or isncorrect procedure to push the toe brakes and the lock them withbthe parking brake?

Typically, while holding the toe brakes, then set the parking brakes. All the parking brakes does is to hold the current hydraulic pressure being applied. Be forewarned, most parking brakes will tend to bled over time and slowly release pressure. In other words, only use for short periods of time. i.e. long enough to get out of the aircraft and place chocks.

Understood!

Does anyone know the torque spec for the caliper bleed screw? I can?t find it in the beringer docs.

Then, I don't know. Snug? Until it stops leaking? Nothing in the installation and maintenance manual.

And the follow up email from Beringer this morning:

“I double checked with the Headquarters and it seems that there is actually a torque for the bleeding screw, which is 15-17N.m (130-150 in.lb).

So the stamped torque value is correct.

Good to know. I haven't filled mine, yet. Thanks for following-up with Beringer.

Back