What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aileron torque tube alignment

60av8tor

Well Known Member
When drilling the aileron torque tubes, the plans have you shim fore vs. aft 5/16". Measure twice, right? Well... when I checked things after drilling, this is what I found:
IMG_1832.jpg

My fuse ships in about 2 weeks, so no big deal having another length of tubing thrown in the crate - will be a quick job to cut and drill. Just wondering if there is any room for adjustment for this mismatch. I'm not really seeing how there would be. TIA!

Good luck with having them add an item to the fuse order. I had a similar need and despite a chain of fifteen emails to Van's, they reported the crate was already banded and too late to add the item (that they knew about for four weeks). My fuse should be here next week with a separate shipment following!

You should be able to adjust that much in the pushrod lengths without any trouble.

Thanks for the info, Jesse. Yup, I can easily make up the distance with the pushrods on each side.

Tim, I'm probably getting close to too late as well. I just received an order from Van's and didn't want to do another separate order just for the torque tube.

Back