What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

35-02 Step 6

Gandalf

Well Known Member
So the instructions step 6 say to clean and dry the main wheel bearings and then in step 9 to fully grease and reinstall the bearings.

The bearings are new so did folks clean the new bearings before packing them with grease?

Thanks,
Jeff

berings

I had to order number 22 grease to do bearings..they are new so no need to clean that I saw...packed with new grease number 22 ...don't know the difference in numbers for grease just did what was called for..thankfully a Old guy at Spencer's aircraft knew the difference and had what a I needed...Dick

Thanks everyone. The integrated bearing seal had me confused for a moment. Did my best to get the grease (Mobilegrease 28) inside the bearings, past the rollers. Torqued the nut until the bearing seal just stop turning and then advanced to the cotter pin opening. As others have noted, I installed the air inlet washer and nut on the nose wheel tube and only the washer on the main tubes.

Now I just need to figure out how to get the two brake line fittings to go into the landing gear, seems like the factory paint is interfering.

Jeff

Last edited:
Back