What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Repairman's Certificate

JRichichi

Well Known Member
I've got a question for the VAF knowledge base out there. On the repairman's certificate (form 8060-4), in the "Ratings and Limitations" section. I've got the "Make", "Model", "Serial No.", and "Certification Date" subjects listed. In the "Make" subject, do you have your "name" listed, or "Van's" listed? I've got the "Model: RV-7", but I'm not sure if it's supposed to have me (i.e., my "name") listed as the "Make" or "Van's". Also, please site where this is shown in the FAA documentation. Please don't say "I think is should say xxxx". I would like to have something solid to go on, not opinion. Thanks!!!

I've got a question for the VAF knowledge base out there. On the repairman's certificate (form 8060-4), in the "Ratings and Limitations" section. I've got the "Make", "Model", "Serial No.", and "Certification Date" subjects listed. In the "Make" subject, do you have your "name" listed, or "Van's" listed? I've got the "Model: RV-7", but I'm not sure if it's supposed to have me (i.e., my "name") listed as the "Make" or "Van's". Also, please site where this is shown in the FAA documentation. Please don't say "I think is should say xxxx". I would like to have something solid to go on, not opinion. Thanks!!!

Make, Model, and Serial Number must be exactly as listed on the registration.
Make is the name of the builder.
Records I find in your name show: John J Richichi, Sportsman GS-2, 7469.

Last edited:
I think I screwed up...

Thanks Mel. Yeah, although I'm currently building a -7, I recently did the Glasair TWTT program and I'm in the process of getting my repairman's certificate for the Sportsman GS-2. I think I filled out the 8610-2 form incorrectly and put "Glasair" in for the Make instead of my name. We did the paperwork today with the Seattle FSDO and they just copied what I had on the 8610-2. I'll contact them tomorrow and get this corrected. Thanks for the help with this.

Back