What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paint Scheme Design Help

TXFlyGuy

Well Known Member
I have been working with Matthew Sample II, Digital Illustrator. Matthew does outstanding work using Photoshop, and has put together several paint proposals for us. We simply told him what our basic ideas were and then he drew up a paint scheme. There are companies out there that will charge $1,450 to do this type of work. Matthew charges by the hour, and for less than $250 we had about eleven very nice custom designs.

I highly recommend his services, and we will employ him again.

Matthew Sample II
Digital Illustrator

[email protected]

Last edited:
I'm going to give him a try. Sent him an email. I have some paper renderings of a couple of schemes for the -12 but I'd like to see them in color before deciding. I don't have the time to draw them out myself.

Never responded to my email request. Oh well, I guess I'll do it the old way. Now where did I put the grandkid's crayons?

Anybody else do this kind of work? I'm about to order my seats and I would kind of like them to match the exterior paint - but I'm not really sure what that's going to look like yet.

Could use a little assistance...

What is a reasonable cost to pay for a paint scheme design?
How long does the process take?

Paint scheme

Matthew did mine. If I had allowed him full creativity, I may have come out pretty cheap. In the end, the one scheme where I told him to go for it was the one I liked best. Time depends on you. The closer you can get to the final art, the less the artist has to imagine, draw then submit for approval. Every version costs.
Send me a PM if you want to know how much. I don't know what he charges now.
The design is on my blog. It is intended to be a vinyl wrap. I'm working on plan #2 now.
pyw6f.jpg

Last edited:
I am working with Jonathan from planeschemer.com
I had some ideas saved - and most of them were ones he did already. I have been happy with the process and would recommend Jonathan to anyone that wants a cool design. He is willing to do as many drafts as it takes.

Im still working with him and getting close! I can't wait to do the painting!

I used Jonathon a Plane Schemer as well. I had the basic design, but it was missing a little something. He found that little something for me and the plane gets compliments every where I go. Can't say enough good things about Jonathon.

Plane Schemer

I'm also working with Jonathon at Plane Schemer. As with the other posts here, I'm also very pleased with his work. We went thru several iterations on the design and came up with a design that I'm very happy with. Now all I have to do is finish the plane so I can get it painted!!!

Back