VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 06-28-2019, 02:09 PM

Default Flap Horn Misalignment

Hey - quick question. I recently drilled the flap tubes and horns, using the jig that Vans supplies. Everything looked great, so I went ahead and started installing in my fuselage.

Not sure what happened, but as you can see in the pic below, I have a slight misalignment between the left and right flap horn. When the horn on the right side is rotated so that it touches the rear spar, the left side horn is still about 1/8" in front of the rear spar.

Looking ahead at the plans, I can see that there is an adjustable threaded rod that links the flap horns to the flaps. Will I be able to account for this 1/8" of a difference, or will fixing it in one flap position lead to misalignment in other flap positions of the rods are of slightly different lengths?

I am just trying to figure out if I should build on, or bite the bullet and order a new flap horn.

Thanks,
Jason
RV-10 in process (SB Fuselage)
Old 06-28-2019, 02:24 PM

Default Flaps

The adjustment in the flap push rods will take care of this. You'll never think about it again once the plane is assembled. Build on!
Slow build kit #40874
Homebuilt Kit Champion Oshkosh 2019