VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 09-12-2016, 10:41 AM

I do have some photos, but they don't show much. I simply used 3M trim tape on the bottom of my wing tip, inside the tip of course. I then laid the antenna down on the tape and put another piece over the antenna onto the piece stuck on the bottom surface of the wingtip.

As for cable run, I am not sure what you are asking about. The RTG unit from Byonics is taped onto the bottom of the wing tip with the 3M trim tape, as is the GPS antenna. When doing this install, Allen suggested I move the GPS receiver away from the RTG unit which was easy to do, due to possible interference.

As for power, I just use the power from my Nav lights. So the install was easy, if you don't mind removing all of the screws for the wingtip.

I have used basically this configuration for years with great success other than a possible cold solder joint which Allen addressed.

My old antenna may have been OK, however I do notice better transmission range with the Byonics antenna.

"God does not deduct from one's time on earth that which is spent in the air."