What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Two-piece rear floor

AeroDog

Well Known Member
Friend
When Van's introduced the two-piece rear bulkhead an option was offered for a two-piece floor panel. I'm trying to decide if I need this. What issue was this addressing? Thanks.

Jerre

Absolutely! The two-piece rear bulkhead and rear floor panel greatly facilitate your inspection of the tail cone area, its contents, and the flaperon actuator components.

Absolutely! The two-piece rear bulkhead and rear floor panel greatly facilitate your inspection of the tail cone area, its contents, and the flaperon actuator components.

Thanks! I have the two-piece rear bulkhead and am about to install the tank, so now's the time to go for the two-piece floor.

Thanks! I have the two-piece rear bulkhead and am about to install the tank, so now's the time to go for the two-piece floor.

After pondering this, I'm still not sure what the two-piece floor is doing for me. Sorry for being a bit slow here.

Jerre

The two piece aft baggage floor is intended for the Garmin G3X version. The ADAHRS bolts to a doubler on the left side cover. If it wasn?t two piece, you would have to remove the fuel tank to access the ADAHRS.

Even if you don't have a G3X system with an ADAHRS mounted under the cover plate you still need access to the area for inspection and maint. of the flapperon torque tubes and associated structure. If you don't have the two piece cover, you have to remove the fuel thank to access that area as David already mentioned.

Back