VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 11-09-2018, 06:16 AM

Default Leak in fuel tank

Looking for someone to fix a leak (minor weeping) in left tank of my RV-4.
I live in S Texas.....drive or fly to Houston every month or so.
Anyone know of an individual or company thatís reasonable that can fix the leak?
Thx, MB
Old 11-09-2018, 06:44 AM

Give Paul a call. The entire process is a little pricey because shipping is so expensive, but Paul is s super nice guy and does excellent work. Oh, BTW, I see you’re in Rockport. I have a hangar and fly out of George West (8T6) all the time. I have a -4 and I’m building a -7 there and my buddy also flys his -7 out of there. You should fly over sometimes for a visit. As a matter of fact, I'm going to be shipping my quick build -7 tanks to him to redo everything on the inside. I've decided to do a preemptive strike against possible leaks because the quality of the sealing process on the quick build tanks can be questionable. So, point being, if you decided to go that route, maybe we can get together and ship our tanks together and share on the shipping cost.
http://www.weepnomorellc.com

Mark

Last edited by Mark33 : 11-14-2018 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-10-2018, 08:34 AM

I used Chuck at Hotel Whiskey Aviation in Dallas. Great guys and very professional. You could also look at their extended range tanks at the same time I also had those installed on my RV4. Just google Hotel Whiskey Aviation and their website comes up with contact information provided there.

Myles
Old 11-14-2018, 08:30 AM

Thumbs up Fuel Leak

My brother and his friend Johnathan Blais form Blais's Aeronautics did my right tank last fall and did an excellent job. Unfortunately they are located in Gatineau Quebec Canada which is to far away for you.

Best of luck with the repair.
Canada
Dues paid for 2018