Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-7/7A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2018, 08:37 PM

I was planning to get some sharkbite conduit from home depot to house the wiring for the wing tip accessories. I need more time to consider the goodies that might be installed. I'm leaning toward and IFR capable aircraft so a heated pitot would certainly be a requirement. Auto pilot is also strongly desired. I'm less concerned about those items due to their size. I mainly wanted to make sure I got all of the big items (the ones that would cost a small fortune to ship individually) included in the first order.
Old 10-26-2018, 05:49 PM

If you're thinking of ordering a QB fuselage, tell them now. Otherwise they'll ship you the full kit and then you'll have to ship back the center section. From my area, that was $45 via UPS.

On my end, I damaged 1 tank end rib and inner rib, and 1 wing rib. The wing rib could have been avoided had I drilled the conduit hole before assembly.

I'm holding off on servo mounting brackets as it's still very accessible while the wing is off, oh and I don't know which auto pilot I'll be using!

I also ordered extra materials to make a fuel return line on both and I ordered additional MK-319-BS blind rivets. There were a couple spots I couldn't get a rivet in, including the service bulletin for the aileron mount area.