Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-10
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2018, 05:22 PM

I have installed the Plane Around 180 door latch on my RV-10. I have also installed the Van's magnetic proximity switches on each of the 4 door pins. These are wired in series on each side so that if either switch is not closed or a wire is broken, there will be a door open "alarm" indication. I have these wired into the door closed inputs on my G3X which will show as a Warning on the EFIS and light the Master Warning light.

To me, this seems to be a reasonable solution, as it improves the door latch, and also makes for a simple, integrated alarm should one of the door pins not be engaged. And Doors Closed will also be on my runup checklist.

RV-10 Finishing Kit & FWF in-progress
2018 VAF Dues Paid
Old 11-10-2018, 01:35 PM

Default PlaneAround latch

While this is being discussed, I want to reiterate for new builders who want to use the PA latch or/and want 180 degrees of travel on the pushrods, to cut the gear racks on the handle (from Vans) in half making two 5" pieces. The instructions have you cut them shorter and a lot of customers end up buying the 180 retro kit instead of the new 180 because they cut them per Vans instructions. The difference is the 5" racks are included on the retro kit. The gear racks are really expensive to purchase from my supplier. If anyone has questions on the doors not answered here feel free to call. 801-580-3737