What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N972JS RV9A Project

ty1295

Well Known Member
Time to create an official project thread.

Been on the forums for several years, had a RV9 empennage I acquired 4-5 years ago but has done nothing but collect dust.

About a year and a half ago I saw Carl post his past quickbuild project up for sale somewhat local that fit the bill for me and jump started into the fun stages (and expensive) of interior colors, exterior, engine, prop, etc. But the basic airframe was done and complete (90-95%).

Carls kitlog http://www.mykitlog.com/cnpeters/

I will update this as I can. I have made some good progress since picking up the project from Carl and plan to be flying next year.

Time to create an official project thread.

Been on the forums for several years, had a RV9 empennage I acquired 4-5 years ago but has done nothing but collect dust.

That's about time to create an official thread Jeff. Hey, don't throw away that second tail I might need it. Mine is rusting :D

Just sitting here waiting for you Vlad.

August or later we need to plan a tail replacement, rivet wing bottom skin weekend.

As a side note, the project has already had some strong Russian influence and help, more to come when I get time to add pictures.

Back