What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

strobe noise filter install help

I wired this a few weeks ago. The filter connects between the spade connector from the fuselage wire and the spade connector on the blue plug. It only fits one way. The wire from the filter with the ring connector is grounded to the fuselage. Make sure the ground is not on a painted surface.

Just did this

I just did this yesterday. My wiring harness came with the white/yellow strobe power wire from the instrument panel going to a splice. From the splice one end has a pre-installed connector pin for attaching to pin 8 of the right blue electrical connector. The other white/yellow wire from the splice HAD NO spade connector on the end of it. This wire gets routed to the left side of the fuselage and you will hand crimp a red female spade connector onto it and connect it to one of the two spade connectors coming from the capacitor. You then connect the short white prefabricated connector supplied by Van?s from the other spade lead on the filter assembly and plug the wire into pin 8 of the left electrical connector.

Of course, this assumes that the filter capacitor was made like mine was with a male and female spade connectors attached to the positive lead of the filter capacitor. Electrically, the two spade connectors on the filter are tied together to the positive lead of the capacitor. So it is just a matter of connecting the short P274 wire with the male spade to the female spade connector on the filter assembly. The white/yellow strobe power wire from the instrument panel will receive what ever gender of spade crimp-on connector necessary to mate up with the remaining connector on the filter capacitor. Also, the long wire coming off the filter capacitor receives a ring connector so it can be grounded to the seat rib.

Happy building,

Back