What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

"Your best or most awesome picture of your RV sitting on the ground"

ramp.JPG

Fifinella
[/URL][/IMG]

My wife Kelly in her RV "Fifinella". Built in 2005 and still not finished but whose really is?!?

Smokey at dawn ...

I dragged my sorry butt out of bed yesterday to start Independence Day with a dawn pic of Smokey. We don't have any beautiful mountains around these here parts, but the beauty of creation can still be found if you look for it ...

Smokey_Cool01.jpg

65,126 Lookers

65,126 Views so far with this post that I started a few years ago. How Awesome!!!!! Keep the Pictures coming:)

Mig Cap over Kahuna

I've been digging around in old photo's looking for embedded stuff in discarded photo's and found this interesting shot of Kahuna and Widget taxiing out for an air show at Vidalia this summer.

We didn't even know we were under attack..

5989527358_e35dcf352f_b.jpg

Last edited:
WHAT AN EYE

Yup - white gear legs and wheel pants!

now that was tricky....

I even stared at it for about minute.

It might as well have been all day I would never have seen that. I was look for an aircraft not gear

Don't ask me to find your car in car park. I will probably be standing in front of it and wish it wasn't in the way.

Pat
Did you somehow photoshop that in with the T-birds?:D If not, that is way cool. I see a half dozen t-bird pilots pretending to be working, but privately salivating at your plane.

Perhaps not as exciting as others, but I just got the plane painted a couple of weeks ago and had to show somebody.

34hxg8i.jpg

(First time posting a picture...hope it works!)

Sittin in the back yard

//http://camerto.smugmug.com/Airplanes/RV-7A-N430PM/Aircraft/13263084_2DBWFk#963257081_Vew2N

Pictrue of our RV6A and my wife, Sharon, on the ground at Bishop, Ca. Just before taking off for Cedar City, Ut. after a rain storm...
My%20RV6A%20&%20Sharon%20ready%20to%20go.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my RV-7A, on display for the first time to the public at YCAB open day.

dsc01590large.jpg

I hope to get around to other shows soon, and catchup with other fellow RV builders.

Last edited:
Here is my RV-7A, on display for the first time to the public at YCAB open day.

I hope to get around to other shows soon, and catchup with other fellow RV builders.

Great looking airplane! Not a fellow builder but a fellow RV owner. Sitting about 90km's East of Daly Waters in the Northern Territory at the moment, daydreaming about getting home in 5 weeks and getting back in the air.

Figured I'd eventually have an "exotic location" shot for this thread, but after the first year of flying the best one is still right in front of the hangar.

It sure was a pretty morning.....

Promising%20Day.jpg

Last edited:
My RV-6 with Aluminum Overcast B-17 on tour across the USA

DSC00740.jpg

DSC00744.jpg

DSC00738.jpg

Also in the picture is Bill Antons RV-8 from Satanta, KS. Picture taken at Liberal, KS, Lyddon Aero Center Oct 25, 2011. EAA 377 had a total of 40 rides in the B-17. Check out this website http://www.b17.org/tour/ for details and catch a ride of a life time, one Awesome Bird to ride in.

Man am I jealous A.J.! I e-mailed Mary and signed up for the dinner and then couldn't get off work. I intended to spring for a ride as well. Those are great pictures.

Joe

Dang the luck....

I've got a lot of photos but didn't want to overload Dougs site. Sorry you missed out. We had more rides in the B-17 at Liberal, KS than Denver, CO and Salt Lake City. If you ever get a chance look at the tour dates and get a ride. You can go almost anywhere you want to in the B-17. Earplugs are a plus. The bird is a little on the noisy side.

That engine and prop on the plane in the background sure would look good on my 9A :cool:

wl7jae.jpg
[/IMG]

At the Qantas Museum Longreach, outback Australia. The 747 is on static display and was donated to the museum by Qantas at the end of it's working life.
The Boeing 707 is in flying condition and is the actual first jet aircraft operated by Qantas and the very first civilian jet aircraft registered in Australia.

ixtq8z.jpg
[/IMG]

Takeoff at my home airstrip, on the ground - just.

2yke3gk.jpg
[/IMG]
14l20y0.jpg
[/IMG]

Fin
9A

Last edited:
RV-10 nears first flight

I liked the reflections in this one. Our D.A.R. signed off for us today! First flight this weekend when the winds lay down :

1zvs875.jpg

Walt Fuller
N420CF

Back