What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Suction oil screen and plug, semi-inverted system.

chris mitchell

Well Known Member
After a lot of messing about and thought I have decided against installing the full Raven inverted oil system, in favour of the half system. Its a combination of weight, complexity and cost, plus a review (for which read more considered!) of my mission requirement - I don't intend prolonged inverted flight or lots of negative G.

Because I had some of the required work done when I had the engine built, it has come with a shortened oil screen and the brass 45 degree elbow installed into a Superior cold air sump. So now I have to source a new oil screen and the correct plug to hold it in place. I think the part numbers are 70484 for the screen and 69335 for the plug. Can anyone confirm that?

I will be selling the parts I don't need - the valve, brass elbow and little plug that lives in the drilled passage, the vac pad adapter, studs, oil pick-up etc etc. I'll get an ad on the "for sale" section this evening, if anyone is interested.

Should anyone have done this conversion and have the 69335 plug lying around and want to sell it, please PM me.

Thanks

Chris

And here?s the answer from those nice folk at Superior. The plug in particular is aLOT cheaper than the ludicrously priced equivalent from Lycoming!

P/N 69335 has been superseded by LW-12545. The Superior Air Parts part number for this Plug is SL12545.

The Superior Air Parts part number for the 70484 screen is SL70484.

Both of these part numbers (SL12545 & SL70484) are for installation on the Lycoming IO-320-D1A.

Back