What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Elevator Trim Speed Controller

Please vote if you are interested in one of these

• Model 17700 Three Wire Trim Speed Controller

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Janekom

Well Known Member
Patron
As an advertiser I thought it will be ok to post this.

There are many thousands of RVs flying with electric elevator trim and basic panels. Read - no fancy auto trim etc. They are all very sensitive and quite responsive when you press up of down. Some time ago I have designed two circuits. Both a proper DC speed controllers.

One is a very small three wire speed controller where you can set the speed on the circuit board with a screwdriver.

The second one is a bigger speed controller with a built in "relay deck" as well as run away protection. It will stop after 4 seconds. There is also an output where one can reverse the trim with a small extra switch.

In order to test them initially for ruggedness and current handling, I used a Vans flap actuator with a lot of mechanical load on it instead of the small Ray Allen servos. It worked 100%.

The small one would be about $28 and the big model about $80 in both cases postage included. Before I list and advertise it with leaflets and all, I thought it will be nice to see the outcome of a poll.

Back