What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Question about W00017 landing light

propsync

Well Known Member
Hi Group, sorry this pic is so blurry, but I have a question about this W00017 landing light bracket. It's hard to tell from the pic, but if you look at yours, which way does it get inserted into the leading edge? The circle cutout is not exactly centered in the bracket. One one side you have about 2 inches to the edge, and the other side about an inch.

The plans don't really specify which way the bracket goes in, but I was thinking that the illustration might suggest (very slightly) that the side with the wider metal might be at the top of the wing.

Also, is anyone suggesting that this bracket not be installed at this time in favor of installing the plastic lens first? I've read a few posts on some of the difficulty, but when I place my lens over the outside of the leading edge, it sits on it ok, just a little pressure to make it snug, not much.

20kaas8.jpg

I don't recall which way the hole is offset, but if I remember correctly the flanges faced aft. I believe they are also bent to less than 90 degrees to match the curvature of the skin, so they should only seat correctly one way.

I just went out to the garage and checked. I have the skin sitting in the jig and the landing light bracket will only go in one way due to the angle of the top and bottom flanges.

Back