What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cautionary Symbol on G3X?

macrafic

Well Known Member
I could not find the answer to my question, in either the G3X install manual or the pilot op guide.

I have a 3-screen G3X (non-touch); 2 PFDs and 1 MFD. Occasionally, on the 2nd PFD only, I get a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it. I have not been able to correlate this to anything else that is happening on the aircraft or the panel. So, anybody know what this is trying to tell me and how I deal with it?

Thanks.

I could not find the answer to my question, in either the G3X install manual or the pilot op guide.

I have a 3-screen G3X (non-touch); 2 PFDs and 1 MFD. Occasionally, on the 2nd PFD only, I get a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it. I have not been able to correlate this to anything else that is happening on the aircraft or the panel. So, anybody know what this is trying to tell me and how I deal with it?

Thanks.

Hello Rich,

We think you will find the answer you seek in section 10. Annuncations and Alerts of the Rev. P G3X Pilot's Guide on pages 394 (bottom) and 395 (top).

The symbol will be yellow (caution) or red (warning) depending on the CAS (crew alerting system) message that is being hidden by other information.

Thanks,
Steve

Hello Rich,

We think you will find the answer you seek in section 10. Annuncations and Alerts of the Rev. P G3X Pilot's Guide on pages 394 (bottom) and 395 (top).

The symbol will be yellow (caution) or red (warning) depending on the CAS (crew alerting system) message that is being hidden by other information.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve, thanks for responding. I did find that section previously, but could not make 100% sense out of what it was telling me. I am still clueless when it comes to one very important aspect. If the message(s) are hidden, how do I display it/them?

Steve, thanks for responding. I did find that section previously, but could not make 100% sense out of what it was telling me. I am still clueless when it comes to one very important aspect. If the message(s) are hidden, how do I display it/them?

Hello Rich,

This indication only appears when you have replaced the full screen PFD presentation with something else that doesn't have a CAS window area (like a MFD or split screen presentation) in which to display CAS messages.

Additionally, of course there must be a hidden CAS message present for you to see.

Simply put PFD2 back to being a full screen PFD if you want to see the hidden CAS message on that display, but since the same CAS message should be shown on PFD1, you probably don't need to do anything since you can already read it there.

Thanks,
Steve

Back