- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-12
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2017, 09:34 PM

Thanks Ric!
Old 03-23-2017, 08:59 AM

Default Part 43

FWIW, I contacted Rainbow, and they confirmed that part 43, does apply to the E-LSA. They referenced my operating limitations, and sure enough, in my specific operating limitations, reissued to me after the course, it specifically states the condition inspection must be in compliance with Part 43 (also the manufacturer's maintenance checklist).
Old 03-23-2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n74846 View Post
FWIW, I contacted Rainbow, and they confirmed that part 43, does apply to the E-LSA. They referenced my operating limitations, and sure enough, in my specific operating limitations, reissued to me after the course, it specifically states the condition inspection must be in compliance with Part 43 (also the manufacturer's maintenance checklist).
i think folks are getting confused over "repair/maintence" vice "condition/annual inspections". You must attend a 16 hour approved course to get a repairmans license (with inspection authorization)....for E-LSA (120 hr for S-LSA). To sign off your annual inspection in log book. However, maintence/repair of your "experimental" aircraft (I.e. As noted on airworthy certificate)...anyone can due; part 43 specifically...does not apply (at least to maintence/repair), as noted in paragraph 3 (or there about)...that it does not apply to "experimental" designated aircraft.
Tho RVN)
Distinguished Flying Cross Society Member
CH-47 & UH-1H "Driver"
Rotax 9 Series Service IRMT

RV-12 Kit#729 "N312RD" is now a full functioning fun machine!! Thanks Van for fulfilling my dream😎
2017 Dues Paid