What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skyview quick panel wiring question

Pat Stewart

Well Known Member
Installing a dual Skyview system with a Shunt. I think I know what to do on this issue but double checking. The drawing I have is not clear on the #8 wire going to the Advaced Control module. I am running the alternator wire to a 60amp breaker and back to the shunt. Master relay and starter relay are tied together like the normal OP 10 drawing however not sure where to tie the wire from the ACM back to. Just never wired anything with a Shunt in the past.

Pat,
Just finished wiring my quick panel. I ran the 8 GA. wire from the ACM to the master solenoid.
Attached the shunt to the firewall below the solenoid and connected it to a 60amp current limiter which then attaches to solenoid. Connected them together with Vans copper bus bar. The alternator feed goes to the other side of the shunt. Your 60 amp CB would go inline between the shunt and the master solenoid. I opted for the current limiter instead of the CB-less wiring, although not resetable. However you may not want to reset an over-active/runaway alternator anyway.
Jake

Last edited:
Thanks guys, here is what I think I Learned from the Advanced today. They recommended the alternator wire to the 60 amp CB on the panel returning to the shunt. Then run the main Advanced Control Module power wire to either lug of the copper bar connected to the starter and master relay.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Pat,
I assume then you will be connecting the load side of the shunt to the master/starter relay bus bar. That will work. Only drawbacks I see are the additional 6-8 feet of 8 GA. wire, as well as having the 60A unprotected feed from the alternator running behind the firewall into cabin.
I prefer having as few high load circuits in the cabin as possible. But that's just me!
Good luck! I love the AFS quick panel and we'll worth the money if you can swing it.
Enjoy!
Jake

Back