What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airspeed deviation

HansR

Got no pass on the airspeed indicator when I had inspection done - Indicates a bit too much.

Is it possible to adjust an airspeed indicator, or does it have to be replaced?

Wow, I didn't know there is an inspection for the airspeed indicator.

As far as I know, the fix is done thru a capable shop or manufacture and it is not an easy fix, something like turning an adjustment knob.

Calibrating an airspeed instrument is not hard, if you first set up a reference manometer and be patient..
30-A1-DAD3-1-C07-4-FE2-B65-B-8778-B9-A1-A4-EB.jpg

The airspeed indicator has a bunch of set screws that interact with the movement at different air speeds so calibration is an interactive process.

PDF files of manometer height versus airspeed are available via Google search for download.

Carl

Calibrating an airspeed instrument is not hard, if you first set up a reference manometer and be patient..

The airspeed indicator has a bunch of set screws that interact with the movement at different air speeds so calibration is an interactive process.

Carl

Great, then it is adjustable! I have access to the equipment simulating different airspeeds.

HR

PDF files of manometer height versus airspeed are available via Google search for download.

Carl

The indicator shown in the photo is exactly the same as mine - do you have make and model? Then I might find documentation for it.

/ HR

Back