What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Antennae placement

rvdave

Well Known Member
I'm thinking about mounting my comm antennae on the second inboard inspection cover of each wing, has anyone done that?

I'm thinking about mounting my comm antennae on the second inboard inspection cover of each wing, has anyone done that?

Watch out for tie down interference. That's why I moved my pitot a little further out than the plans. I know I spend quite a bit of time under the wing checking the air in the mains, I can't recall the distance between the two panels if that would become problematic either.

I've never seen antenna under the wings, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

Mine are under each of the rear seats. I made an access panel in the seat pan to get to them if needed. I've not had any issues with that location in four years of flying.

Watch out for tie down interference. That's why I moved my pitot a little further out than the plans. I know I spend quite a bit of time under the wing checking the air in the mains, I can't recall the distance between the two panels if that would become problematic either.

I've never seen antenna under the wings, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

Mine are under each of the rear seats. I made an access panel in the seat pan to get to them if needed. I've not had any issues with that location in four years of flying.

I've got one bent whip under my right wing but it's under the first inboard bay at the wing root. No issues with that location so far.

Back