What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Disagreement on numbers in brake cylinder

LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
On the RV-12iS instructions, chapter 28, page 2 figure 4, the call-out for WD1211-L&R show different orientations of the Tabs on the drawing that what the actual part shows.

It would appear that either the ID of the drawings are reversed, or the labels on the parts are.

But I need this confirmed before doing anything further (rats!)

IMG_20180720_175409.jpg

The thing is: the part ID on the left and right cylinders are also reversed.

This is highly unusual for Van's, so I suspect I'm missing something obvious. But what?

IMG_20180720_181124.jpg

It's funny how my need for support tends to increase while everyone is at Oshkosh.

Last edited:
Not this year. Life is moving too fast for me to keep up. Hope to retire next year and resume living it properly.

Been working part-time gig at Target Field (usher for the Twins) in addition to holding down a full-time gig. Moving my MIL (Alzheimer's) from Mass to Minnesota and finding airplane building time has even been hard.

I'd give my kingdom for a buyout at work!

I checked my plans (12 not 12i) and the part numbers on my drawings are reversed, i.e. they are correct, they work with the part numbers on the hardware. Appears to be a 12i drawing labeling mistake. I'd say make the configuration match the drawings and ignore the drawing parts call out.

Back