What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Victor airway labeled wrong in G-900X

Plummit

Well Known Member
Yesterday I was going to fly IFR from KLGB to KHMT. My clearance was via SLI, V8, PDZ, V186, WESIN. I was entering the route in the flight plan but when I got to PDZ and hit load airway, there was no V186 available. There was a V187 but that wasn't my clearance so I didn't choose it.

When I got back to my hangar later in the day, I went through loading the flight again and this time I tried loading V187 after PDZ. Bingo! There was the WESIN waypoint! So why is victor 186 mislabeled as V-187??

-Marc

Thanks Todd. I meant to call them today but was too busy. I filled out the report this evening.

~Marc

Update

Well I got around to calling Garmin today and lo and behold they knew about the problem! It seems this in only on the data-base for Nav data, (the one the took away from Jepp) They directed me to the Fly Garmin web page:

Garmin has identified an issue in the Garmin Navigation Database, Cycle 1610, which affects the display of enroute airways on the moving map. This only affects the Garmin Navigation Database and not the Navigation Database by Jeppesen. We have resolved this issue and released the corrected version of the database to the website. Garmin strongly recommends returning to flyGarmin.com to re-download and re-install the correct version of the Garmin Navigation Database. Once the database is installed you can confirm you have the new version of the database by observing the text "R2" in the database title on the Database Information page on your Garmin system or device.

Please note: If you are using the flyGarmin for Windows application you will need to "Clear Downloads" within the application before re-downloading the database. To do this, open the flyGarmin for Windows application directly from Windows and choose the "gear" icon on the top-right corner to open the Settings page. Then, click the "Clear Downloads" button on the Settings page. Close the application and return to flyGarmin to reinstall the update.

Also note: If you have previously installed the 1610 Garmin Navigation Database on your device, you may have to manually initiate the re-installation by choosing the Update option from the Database Information page on your device (you may have to press "Menu" to see this option).

Back