What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for a scrap 360 casing

JanRV6UK

Well Known Member
Does anyone have a scrap - non serviceable 360 size casing with Dynafocal 1 mounts they like to sell for a fair price ? Shipping would be to Kansas - not UK ..

The intension is to use it as a jig for doing cowling work ...

You will also need an unserviceable crankshaft to go in that case as well if you are planning on fitting the cowling. You may be able to call some of the large engine shops and see if they will sell you a scrap case, crank, sump and cylinders. You could clean up all of this junk, give it "spray can overhaul" and bolt it together then use it to fit the cowl, baffling, run engine control cables, FWF wiring.....

Good luck, I have been looking for some time with no luck. Wentworth wanted 2000 for one, I can't afford that.

Bird

Case

Check with Divco in Tulsa and Crankcase Services in Sand Springs OK. I got one years ago from Divco for around $100. Many of the 0 320 cases are the same as 0 360.

Scary that Wentworth thinks a scrap case is worth any more than, well scrap aluminum value. Wonder what they would use it for. Airboats?

Dummy Engine

About 8 months ago I was able to buy a scrap Dyna I case and crank to mock up my IO-320 install. With freight the total cost was less than $300. The big shops should have these parts. I cut the crank about 8" aft of the prop flange and installed only that section.

Don Broussard

RV 9 Rebuild in Progress

Wow Don , are you done with it? can I use it when your done? I hear the 360 and 320 are the same.

Bird

Good luck, I have been looking for some time with no luck. Wentworth wanted 2000 for one, I can't afford that.

Bird

Keep trying,

I called around and found a case and crank through an airplane broker in Bakersfield (ad in TAP) for under $300 shipped.

Varga in Phoenix gave me some worn out bearing for the case. It all turns easy, but a few shims are needed for the fake plywood backplate since the crank flange is bent.

Just make a plywood disk and check it doesn't wobble as the engine is turned. :)

Apparently most reject cases end up at Divco since no-one wants to pay the return shipping costs of a scrap case. They quoted me much more than a $100 for a reject case though.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice ... Ended up getting a case from Divco and a crank with bearings from Wentworth ... the killer was the shipping cost to UK .. ;-)

Back