What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Routing of stick wiring

rightrudder

Well Known Member
Hi guys,

Quick question: Should the stick wiring shoot straight down between the balljoints for the aileron and the cross-link bar? I've seen the threads on drilling a hole in the side of the stick tube, and I certainly don't want to go that route! Keepin' it simple...just PTT on the right stick, and PTT plus elevator trim on the left, with Ray Allen grips.

Hi guys,

Quick question: Should the stick wiring shoot straight down between the balljoints for the aileron and the cross-link bar? I've seen the threads on drilling a hole in the side of the stick tube, and I certainly don't want to go that route! Keepin' it simple...just PTT on the right stick, and PTT plus elevator trim on the left, with Ray Allen grips.

That's how I did mine. Adequate service loop to ensure full range of motion for controls with no possibility of wires snagging on anything, and protected from abrasion by a wrap. Workin' great!

I drilled a hole to avoid possibility of pinching. It is below the pivot and on the neutral axis for the ailerons. I have no quams about its longevity.

It is wrapped with silicone RTV tape, and the loop is contained with the ty-rap.

The upper loop was positioned empirically to give minimum bending during full range of movement.

IMG_0699.JPG

I didn't drill a side hole, but just have the stick wiring go straight down. Plenty of slack and no binding in all directions of control movement.
IMG_3865-M.jpg

I didn't drill a side hole, but just have the stick wiring go straight down. Plenty of slack and no binding in all directions of control movement.
IMG_3865-M.jpg

That's what I did, but I used the vinyl wrap, same idea.

Back