What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing Conduit

daviid

Well Known Member
Is there any reason I should not drill out the conduit holes for 1" conduit? I have about 1000' of it sitting here and would love to use some of it.

im sure this has been covered before, but what about the most inboard rib with angle in the way? is it safe to put a hole through part of that or do most people go around it?

I just opened up the existing holes that the plans called for bushings. No problems with any of the angle pieces.

This is what I am concerned about.

6b16ca83-0269-425c-92af-bc09a921e493_zps5e5934bf.jpg

I used the 3/4" conduit that Van's sells. As you can see, I had to take out just a bit of that angle piece. I don't see a need for 1" unless you have quite a bit of stuff out in your wings. I don't think I would open that hole up to an inch.

bob

FP16112010A0007B.jpg

I ordered the same conduit you are talking about Bob. The notch you made in yours is what I was worried about. Sounds like it should be a relatively easy

Van's conduit is plenty big enough for the wings. The runs between the tail and the panel on the other hand............

John

Back