What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy Molding/Glareshield

mike newall

Well Known Member
Sponsor
As we are doing a 'posh' airplane, we are incorporating both the glareshield and canopy side moldings.

Does anyone have experience of installing these and in particular - which order to install them ?

Common sense would suggest fit the glareshield first, then fit the side moldings TO the glareshield at the front.

Suggestions welcomed.

Mike
Don't know if it makes a difference to your situation but when I ordered my SLSA, with the Autopilot Knobs panel that goes on the center instrument panel, Vans advised against glareshield as they said it would be a tight fit for fingers fiddling with the knobs. So I didn't add it.

PS. ex-pat whose family are all from Yorkshire...Middlesbrough and Middleton-In-Teesdale.

Last edited:
Local

Mike
Don't know if it makes a difference to your situation but when I ordered my SLSA, with the Autopilot Knobs panel that goes on the center instrument panel, Vans advised against glareshield as they said it would be a tight fit for fingers fiddling with the knobs. So I didn't add it.

PS. ex-pat whose family are all from Yorkshire...Middlesbrough and Middleton-In-Teesdale.

Your nickname should have been ?Parmo?

Parmo looks good but never had it myself. Parents families from that area but I?ve never lived there myself.

Your nickname should have been ?Parmo?

And yours would have been...........:rolleyes:

I'll get me furry coat :D

Ta for the heads up btw - no knobs on ours - standard panels so will probably go with glareshield first, mouldings second.

Mike

p.s. If ANY of the Colonials get this, I will stand the drop of York... Oops, bit close to the knuckle Jamesey ;)

I have both, glareshield is a perfect fit, no trimming I masked off my glue areas and painted the rest, then used fuel tank sealer to glue on (which I believe was specified in the plans)

The side moldings need a bit of a trim to get them right. I?d do the glaredhiekd then the side moldings

Back