What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

P60G2 Pudding

asw20c

Well Known Member
I spent several hours today scuffing and cleaning parts in preparation for priming using P60G2 for the first time. I opened the can and....it's the consistency of pudding, or soft rubber. Like chocolate pudding that has been sitting in a bowl for several hours. I could stab a stirring stick into the middle and it would spit it back out. And yes, I have an unheated shop.
I tried swirling the can in front of a floor heater, and it seemed to help a little, but I could still stand the stick up in the paint.
So, my first question is- did I ruin the primer by letting it get too cold in my shop? If not, can I fix the problem simply by bringing the primer into the house and letting it warm up properly? It has been between 15 and 30 degrees F for about the past 4 days, never getting above freezing. Anything else I can do? I'm at a point where I can't make any more progress until I have primed parts.
Thanks,

Don't know about freezing, but I keep mine in the refrigerator and it last's for years.

P60G2

Mine lives inside but I doubt anything is wrong with yours. Warm it up by leaving it inside for a few days then take it to a paint store and have them shake it really well.
It is thick but more like latex paint.

Well, everything worked out ok. I brought the P60G2 inside my home Saturday evening and let it simmer on one of the warm spots on the floor from our floor heating. Then around noon today I took the can to Walmart and had them shake the snot out of it. When opening at home in my shop it was the consistency of latex paint.
I sprayed my first parts and learned that you have to meter the liquid flow down almost to the point that you can't see it. The best coverage turned out to be where I sprayed the lightest and looks almost a golden green.
Now, on to making big parts out of little ones...

I sprayed my first parts and learned that you have to meter the liquid flow down almost to the point that you can't see it. The best coverage turned out to be where I sprayed the lightest and looks almost a golden green.
Now, on to making big parts out of little ones...

That's correct.

If you read the tips here in the forums, you will find repeated recommendations to just spray it heavy enough to have the appearance of being wetted with water (ignore the color), and it will darken up as it dries.

Back