What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

happy, happy, happy

jeffw@sc47

Well Known Member
Received a few pics of the engine after test run and on its way to shipping.

IO-390 Lycoming Thunderbolt. Went to SnF in May, talked bunches to the Lycoming folks, and ordered engine about a week later.

So here it comes - The inspector Charlie, IO-390 Thunderbolt, and the assembly team Dave and Terry - thanks guys.

[/IMG]

Feel like I'm near completion, you know, 50% to 55% done and 85% to go.

Congratulations! I plan to order at Oshkosh. What was the lead from ordering to expected delivery?

Seen your higher standards with cleanliness. I am sure this beauty will stay shiny and chrome for years to come. :)

Jeff that looks awesome ... did you go with the Pmag on the one side?

MED ... I spoke with the Lycoming Thunderbolt Rep last week and he said a lead time of about 2 months at the present time.

While chatting I told him I was interested taking advantage of Vans Oshkosh pricing and delaying the shipping as late as possible. I asked if a delivery of late Nov would be acceptable and he said that would be doable.

All this could change based on the volume of sales at Oshkosh!

Cheers Jim

Great news Jeff! Mine should be the next one in line. I have the same color combo picked out as well. Enjoy!

Yep, this event feels like one of the big steps towards completion.

Med - Ordered late April, may receive in early July.

Vlad - Shiny and chrome should be easy, right?

'67 - Lycoming will not provide an engine with two electronic mags; my options were 1) two Slicks, 2) One Slick with one elec mag, 3) No Slick with one elec mag, 4) No mags. Told that this was a decision made at the legal counsel management level at Lyc and had something to do with liability concerns.
I opted for delivery with one P-Mag and nothing on other side, ordered additional P-Mag from E_Mag.

Back