What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X wiring harness for RV-9

Kiwi_01

I'm New Here
Good afternoon,

I am currently preparing a modification for a client in New Zealand who has an RV-9. He wants to have a G3X system upgrade. The plan is to have a single GDU 460 10 inch display with, two GSU 25's (with GMU 22's, GTP 59's and config modules), GI 260 AOA indicator, GAP 26 probe, GMC 305 autopilot controller, GTR 20 radio, GTX 23 transponder and a GAD 29 NAV interface to link into a GNS 530.

We are also tying it together with an existing VP-X power system.

Does anyone know of any pre-built wiring looms I could use for this installation? and is the software to display the VP-X on the GDU 460 built in, or will it require an update?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Hello Kiwi_01,

Thank you for choosing a G3X Touch system for this RV-9.

The ability to control a VP-X is built into every G3X system whether using a GDU 37X, GDU 45X, or GDU 46X display at no extra charge.

You are probably aware of this, but it is not required to install more than one GMU 22 magnetometer and GTP 59 OAT probe unless you desire redundancy on those functions.

Thanks,
Steve

Thank you for your replies, I have sent off an email to SteinAir to see if they can fabricate the harness for us.
The Customer wants to have a second ADAHRS for redundancy, is it possible to operate two GSU 25's off only one magnetometer and OAT. He currently has two magnetometers in the system we are removing. So will probably want to replace both regardless, but it would be good to know for future installs.

Kind regards,

Jake.

Dual GSU 25's

Jake,

Yes, you certainly can use operate two GSU 25's with only one GMU 22 and one GTP. Just takes a simple configuration on the G3x screen.:)

Last edited:
Back