What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tosten's New Military Style Grips

SeanB

Well Known Member
I couldn't make it to OSH this year. Too many things happening around home. I had several products on my radar I wanted to see in person at this year's show. One of particular interest being Tosten's new Military Style Grip.

I figured I would give Kevin Williamson at Tosten a call and see if I could get a few questions answered. Kevin cleared everything up for me and even better, dropped the new Military Style Grip plus a new Soft Touch Grip in the mail so I could get a look! Thanks Kevin....great service as always!

At first glance, the Military Style Grip looks pretty good to me. I like the overall layout of the buttons. Everything is easily accessible with standard hand positioning. There are ample choices for button type (these can all be changed as you like) and assignment.

FP28072014A00039.jpg

FP28072014A0003A.jpg

FP28072014A0003B.jpg

FP28072014A0003C.jpg

FP28072014A0003D.jpg

Another big plus with these grips is the ability to arrange them to either a right or left handed configuration. The hand rest at the bottom of the base is easily removed, then simply flip it to the other side. Also, the blue button in this case, can be swapped to the other side or deleted all together.

FP28072014A0003E.jpg

Taking the grip apart is very simple. Just remove several screws and split it down the vertical seam. I had the best luck starting from the top. Be careful of the little spring for the trigger switch. It would be easy to lose!

FP28072014A00033.jpg

FP28072014A00034.jpg

Looking at the inside of the grip reveals how easy it will be to change buttons. Wire routing shouldn't be too tough with the "voids" between attach points. The only part that could offer somewhat of a challenge (IMHO) for wire routing is the pin that intersects the mount. I doubt this is a big deal with such fine gauge wire.

FP28072014A00035.jpg

Overall, I'm pleased with the new Military Style Grip by Tosten. It's very solid, comfortable, well built and modular. I'm looking forward to installing a pair of these in my RV7.

I'm just a repeat customer of Tosten that received nothing for this review. Just thought I would pass along my observations.

Sean,
Did you get a price for the new grip? I like it can be fit for left hand so easily. I sent them an email with a few questions but thought I would ask if you had the price.

Thanks

Price

Hi Rock,

Sorry, no price yet. Kevin's at OSH right now. I'll see if I can get that information and post it.

Hope your project is going well.

Pricing

Hey everyone, I received the following message from Kevin to post....." the price would be in the range of 180.00 to 200.00 depending on the number of switch functions".

Also of note, the switches will be more of a "military quality" than other grips typically utilize.

Back