What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help with Squeezer Identification

JumpNurse

Hi All,

I recently came up with a pretty good deal on a big squeezer. I'm trying to see if anyone recognizes the manufacturer. Obtaining a manual is my primary objective so I can figure out what the adjustments do. Also, is there an adjustable die set for these bigger yokes?

3jkeiv8MX8vScqe46

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=eTd2VUtJSlA1a2pLOE5oQzhVcmtXd0xQLW9TUDhn

Last edited:
Ha. Not quite. I was hoping the longer reach of the yokes would be good for wings and such. If not, It is on a nice stand with foot controls so it should make the little jobs easier.

Maybe Chicago Pneumatic or US Tool. Search eBay for "alligator squeezer" you might find a match there.

I bought a 6" USTool alligator squeezer and never really found a good use for it. You would need spacers for the dies to set the squeeze or it will crush the part.

I concluded a 3" alligator is probably the max to be useful. Hard to hold a 30 lb tool straight and lightly on a -3 or -4 rivet. I am probably just a wimp.

I have one very similar to that but it does not have the stand, it is hand (arm cradled) held. It has come in handy a couple of times. The squeeze is adjusted by using different thickness rivet sets and -3 washers under the sets. Mine also has a rather coarse adjustment on it.

I got mine out and looked at it today. It is made by US Industrial. The name and info is under the blue clamp strap in your picture. Good luck on finding a manual.

Adjustable Die Set

Shane -

I have two squeezers like you are looking at, but mine are shorter at 5" & 7".

I modified both of them to an adjustable set holder on one jaw, making them very convenient for "fine tuning" when squeezing rivets. They are so big and powerful, that without correct adjustment, they will turn bucktails into grease spots!

When I do use them I have an "oakie" (it's OK - I am one) tool balancer - which makes handling them much easier and safer, from a dropping standpoint.

I got both of mine for free (and non-working) so the acquisition cost was right.
After disassembly,a good cleaning, and then reassembling them they work just fine.

I don't use them very often, but when I do they will perform as advertised if you can keep them under control.

If you want to talk more about yours, call me 1 (559) 816-0433

David Howe
HRII S/N 002 1000+ Hr

Back