Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 04-29-2015, 09:57 PM

I saw this ad on Barstormers after reading this thread:

http://www.barnstormers.com/listing.php?id=996662

Looks like Relentless is for sale. Perhaps Kevin is out of the engine building and racing business? That would be a fun airplane to fly...
Old 05-01-2015, 09:12 PM

Default New Plane?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrusso View Post
I saw this ad on Barstormers after reading this thread:

http://www.barnstormers.com/listing.php?id=996662

Looks like Relentless is for sale. Perhaps Kevin is out of the engine building and racing business? That would be a fun airplane to fly...
Hey John,

Your next plane? Maybe we can check it out on Sunday!

Skylor
Old 05-01-2015, 09:46 PM

Heard he left Titan/ECi. Bart left before that. Maybe Paul will fill us in if the politics allow....
While overhauling my engine wasn't at all impressed with the ECi organization. Had hoped them to be the go-to group for everything but found they are now a fractured outfit where parts and machine shop and engines and other things are all separate and don't communicate. Found one older and very experienced fellow there that gave me some good advice but all else was not encouraging.... Even Kevin couldn't help. Sorry to see him gone and wish him the very best.

Last edited by flyingriki : 05-01-2015 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:08 AM

Default Kevin works by ACE now

This is what I found on Kevin's status!
I'm sure we will have some update soon....

ACE Now Selling Direct
After a year working with Titan Aircraft Engines, a division of Danbury and ECi, we have decided to offer our R Series engines directly to the experimental aviation market. Titan has decided to focus on ASTM versions of our engines for some of their OEM manufactures. We are presently setting up our own engine shop in San Luis Obispo, CA to provide overhaul/upgrades to our engines. This independence gives us better access to multiple manufactures and more options for our customers. Visit our updated website and contact me dirty ectly to discuss your options. http://ace-performance.com
Old 05-02-2015, 04:02 AM

Quote:
After a year working with Titan Aircraft Engines, a division of Danbury and ECi, we have decided to offer our R Series engines directly to the experimental aviation market. Titan has decided to focus on ASTM versions of our engines for some of their OEM manufactures.
Or as a Titan spokesman at the show said, "We've stopped selling them until ASTM testing is completed"...which will be sometime after completion of ASTM testing of the new 540 6-cylinder kit engine, and the new 4 cyl crank with pendulum absorbers.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:55 PM

Angry saga

With the sale to Continental out its starting to make sense why everyone departed with out saying by.