What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Team RV Italy!

Hi guys,

we are new here, it's our first post, forget our English, we are from Italy!

Finally after a lot of training, we finally made our first airshow appearance here in Italy and it was a great one, we would like to share some photos.

The Airshow was the Loano Airshow in Liguria (not far from Genova) on the seaside and it was the opening show of Frecce Tricolori National Aerobatic Team (largest jet national fleet with 10 MB339 Aermacchi Aircraft). Our team, Team RV, was just two slots before Frecce Tricolori.

On the seaside, more than 150.000 people were attending the show.

The day after the show, Guido Benedetto, a very well known aviation photographer, took one nice shot of two of us (we are normally in 4):

2evdoqo.jpg

The three of us with our RV7

5twf1l.jpg

The following photos were taken by Andrea Colombo, very well known aviation photographer who worked for "Volare" magazine.

23rvcsj.jpg

1igbw6.jpg

2hfrosw.jpg

I-LIKE Italy is in my roots. from the north, ferola lucia and a few other names that I'm can't recall. fly on. ;)

Welcome!

Fantastico! Welcome to VAF.....you have a great start to the Italian wing of the Vans Air Force:D

I'll join the WELCOME ABOARD wagon to VAF. Don't worry about your English. It is better than my Italian. :D

Keep the info coming. Very cool photos.

Molto Bene'

Excellente,
I'm sorry I wasn't in Genova when you performed. Mi esposa and I were in Italia in March for our 50th wedding anniversary...what a great country, people were great, had a fantastic time. Keep on aviating!;)

You where great

What a coincident, I took my family for the first weekend trip to Albenga LIMG . Spending the weekend at the beach at Alessio. I saw you guys on Sunday. I had to wait until the Frecce Tricolori retured before heading back home to Switzerland. I you basically stood in front of my -10. Very nice pictures and great performance, hope to see you also north of the Alps.
limg3_118.jpg

Mike

Last edited:
Great photos! Wonderful color and perspective. Thanks for sharing.

By the way, what smoke fluid are you using?? (Seems to be my standard greeting question for "smokers"!)

Changed Team name

We have to change the name of the team!

By the way, Team RV was a little big generic, but, moreover, it was already registered. Mike Stewart/Kahuna reported that and we agree to change the name (by the way, thanks Mike for the patience & comprehension!).

It was also the occasion to give a more Italian touch to the team which now is:

QBR Team

QBR stands for Quei Bravi Ragazzi, which litterally is the The Goodfellas :)

We are updating our website so it's currently under construction www.teamrv.it

Airshow in Lovere, Iseo Lake, Brescia, Italy

Just three pics from yesterday, during Memorial Stoppani Airshow in Lovere, Iseo Lake, Brescia, Italy, where we performed as QBR Team (Quei Bravi Ragazzi Team); Memorial Stoppani is an airshow dedicated to Mario Stoppani, a I world war ace pilot who was born in Lovere.
Mario Stoppani also performed a record flight in 1938 from Cadice, Spain to Caravelas, Brasil with an hydroplane (that's why the airshow also includes some hydroplanes who actually land on Iseo Lake).

Iseo Lake is nice Alpine lake, part of the famous group of lake of North Italy (Maggiore and Como).

QBR Team, Quei Bravi Ragazzi Team (former Team RV Italy) is made by:

Leader is Ignazio Ingenito on RV7, Left Wingman is Dimitri Paolacci on RV7, Right Wingman is Marco Ricci on RV8 and Luigi Wilmo Franceschetti at the end with an RV7; QBR Team is also with Ugo Nunzio Neri, RV7 and Paolo Francesco Coppola with RV7.

Marco Grilli (Spirit of China RV7) was also supporting us and he will join the team late this year.

RV are awesome for formation flight (I know you know!)

15cndhj.jpg

r7n0v6.jpg

2hqqg0i.jpg

Another reason to go

I have always wanted to visit Italy...It never occured to me that I could attend an airshow as well as all the other things to do there...

I.C.P. Meeting in Castelnuovo Don Bosco, Turin, Italy

And we did it a second time in September!

Our QBR Team (Quei Bravi Ragazzi=Good Fellas) have succesfully made it again: we were invited at ICP annual party in Catselnuovo Don Bosco, Turin, Italy.

Weather was more than perfect, after a very wet summer in Italy (and, in general Europe).

ICP are 100% Italian Manufacturer of ULM and, also, Light Aircrafts for the US market (there's ICP North America) and every year there's a party at the nice corporate airfield which is parallel to the valley of the hills.

Here are some beautiful shots made by Andrea Colombo.

Andrea Colombo is a professional aviation photographer, known for his collaboration with Volare Magazine here in Italy.
Thanks Andrea for the nice shots!

This is ICP best selling product, Savannah

Francesco Fornabaio on Extreme 3000

ICP Headquarters with production facility and aircraft parking

Marco Grilli (the next 5th member of QBR Tea) on his new RV7, Spirit of China; Marco is 100% Italian, the aircraft is called like this, because he actually lives in China where he is Captain of Airbus 330 for China Southern.

Here we are, once again:

Marco Ricci with his RV8

Ignazio Ingenito on his RV7

Luigi Wilmo on his RV7

Dimitri Paolacci with his RV7

RV7 at 6 o'clock

Last edited:
I like this shot, because it shows how easily can be mixed different kind of love of aircrafts all mixed togheter, something that can be usual in USA, but it's not in the typical burocratic state owned airport (that's why we love private aristrips such this one!).
You can also see how nice can be the landscape in Italy.

Back