What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hole in fuselage bulkhead for fuel vent (RV-12)

Alex Edwards

Hi All,

I am just getting back into building my RV12 after a break of a few years. I have come to the step to install the fuel vent through the rear fuselage bulkhead. My Bulkhead doesn't have a hole for the vent, refer the image below.

I cant find the step earlier in the build manual where the hole would have been drilled, can any one point me in the right direction.

Extract.jpg

Alex

Hi All,

I am just getting back into building my RV12 after a break of a few years. I have come to the step to install the fuel vent through the rear fuselage bulkhead. My Bulkhead doesn't have a hole for the vent, refer the image below.

I cant find the step earlier in the build manual where the hole would have been drilled, can any one point me in the right direction.

Alex

I had to drill that hole also. The location is spelled out somewhere which I now can't find. It's not super critical. I'll look for it.

Jerre

The electronic plans are pretty easy to search, but I admit I didn't think to try it this way until this morning either.... :eek:

Just open the folder where all the plan PDFs are and use the file explorer search box - it will search all the text in all the PDFs, not just filenames.

Until now I was just opening each PDF to find the right one and then using the search within Adobe Acrobat Reader. :rolleyes:

Bobby,

That's exactly what I was looking for, Many thanks!!! In the time I had spent looking for it I probably could have built another fuel tank.

Alex

Back