What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Avionics failure during flight

What did the voltage read before?

Is your voltmeter in the same place and possibly downstream of the rectifier bridge diode? That would be .7 volts or so loss across the diode.

Did you mount the new diode package on a heat-sink?

I did not, one because I don't have one; and two because it already is mounted on a aluminum plate which I think should dissipate heat quite well. I will continue to watch it and have a spare and a backup that I will carry with me for future long trips in the tool bag (which is getting bigger).

I only checked Voltage at EIS and EFIS (honestly not sure where they are testing from).

What did the voltage read before?

Is your voltmeter in the same place and possibly downstream of the rectifier bridge diode? That would be .7 volts or so loss across the diode.

When we checked downstream of the diode we had a nearly 1.5V Drop with only one bridge on diode, when we added the second bridge it cut the loss in half, and now we have a pos charge of 13.5v at idle at the EIS and 12.9v at EFIS which was way better than before! But we did not check with engine running using volt meter.

Jon

Back