What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Alternator part number

kaweeka

Well Known Member
I have the 60 amp Vans alternator on my aircraft and noticed no charging the other day when I started the aircraft. Since the cowl was coming off anyway to change the oil, I took the alternator to my local NAPA store to test. I read the posts here and found the Nipondenso part number 14684. The tester said he couldn't get a full test and wanted me to make sure the part number is correct. I just want to verify the part number for the alternator if anyone happens to know what Vans sells for a 60 amp alternator.
Thanks,
David

Thanks. 14824 did the trick. Tested at Autozone and it failed on all tests. Ordered a new not rebuilt one $114 with a lifetime warranty. I hope it's as good as the ones from Vans. I really don't know enough about the different manufacturers to know.

Just in case anyone wants to know, the alternator can also be referenced by a 1992 Suzuki Samurai.

Zuk Samurai

Just in case anyone wants to know, the alternator can also be referenced by a 1992 Suzuki Samurai.

Funny, I have one pulled off my Zuk when I swapped to a GM alternator.
My other hobby is Zuks. I have three. 87 Samurai, 00 Tracker and 02 Grand Vitara

Back