What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-3 Left Elevator CS4-4 Pop Rivets

pekuba1610

Does anybody remember how he/she dimpled the 2x5pcs. CS4-4 pop rivets of the elevator trim tab spar E-307 ?

I made some tests with dimple dies for the AN42AD4-xy 1/8 dimple dies. It looks ok also with the CS4-4 Pop rivets, but I cannot get into the narrow tt spar E-307.
The Cleaveland "Tight Fit Dimpling Fixture (3/32")" is for the 3/32 rivet heads.
Countersinking would work, but it creates a larger knife edge than the 3/16 countersunk rivets along the trim tab. But these are sandwiched between skin and hinge.

Did anybody use the MK-319-BS Pop rivets? I never saw one. They seem to work with the 3/16 dimples. I?m waiting for those rivets since 3 weeks :( (sending to Europe may take up to 6 weeks)

Peter

de-de

de-de

Last edited:
I don't remember the tools I used, but it was probably either the dimpling pliers or the dimple-die-on-nail thing. I'm thinking the pliers.

Dave

MK-319-BS instead of CS4-4 ?

I just asked at Vans if I can use instead the MK-319-BS pop rivets with a head similar to the AD-3 rivets. It would be fine because at the moment I?m only equipped for tight space dimpling with the 3/32 dimples.

Peter

Back