VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 03-21-2020, 06:41 AM

I like that EI solution. The MGL is good too, but I have to say that the white square buttons don't look good to me - probably not important.

Seems like a pair of G5, an EI engine monitor, and a Vertical Power system would be a good setup using the Garmin 375 and autopilot/servos for IFR work.

Only thing lacking is a way to select remote radios, or display charts/approaches. Panel mounted radio is okay. iPad gets the charts in the cockpit but I don't especially want an iPad mounted. That might be the kicker for putting in the G3X or Skyview instead.
Old 03-21-2020, 06:20 PM

As another poster said, the GRT EIS has been around for a long time, is reliable, has everything you’ll need in an engine monitor and couples to other GRT EFIS equipment. You could buy a GRT Mini-X for $1395., and it will display all engine info in a very readable format that is also a PFD/mini efis (if you want to select that page)with its internal AHRS, moving map (if you want to select that page) with its internal WAAS GPS, and has the option of a built in backup battery. The EIS module can be the remote unit, or the panel mounted, both of which communicates with the Mini via a single RS232 22 gauge wire. There’s a lot of bang for the buck with that arrangement.
RV4/bought 2016/sold/2017
RV8/2018 built/Sold(sadly)
RV4/bought 2019 Flying
Cincinnati, OH/KHAO
JAN2020