What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ACK E04 wiring

hcccs

Well Known Member
I installed the RPCI and Audio Alert module in the panel and connected them with the little telephone cable which I had shortened and crimped on a new RJ11 connector. The RPCI started ticking and the LED started blinking immediately. I thought I had turned the connector the wrong way and I cut it off and crimped on another the other way around and it still ticks and blinks when I connect them. Is this normal? The ELT was not connected. Which cables are straight and which are cross-over?

Compare both ends of the cable. The wire colors should be in the same order in the connectors, assuming they use a standard phone line.

Some of the ACK instructions say that the old 121.5 cockpit monitor portion would be compatible with the new system.

That was not what I found and I had to use the new one supplied with the 406 unit. Of course it's dimensions were different...:mad:

Are you using an old 121.5 unit cockpit portion?

Partly solved.

Some of the ACK instructions say that the old 121.5 cockpit monitor portion would be compatible with the new system.

That was not what I found and I had to use the new one supplied with the 406 unit. Of course it's dimensions were different...:mad:

Are you using an old 121.5 unit cockpit portion?

No, it's all new things. I received the kit a week ago. I replaced the plug on the little cable and now it's silent so that one is OK. Is the long cable between the ELT and Audio Alert a straight-thru or crossed-over cable?

Back