What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A New RV is Born

rvbldr3170

Well, the Freindly Aviation Association has determined that N727MM is, in fact, an airplane. They signed her off on July 6th at 11:07 AM.
All I can say is YAAAHHHHOOOO.
First flight has been tentatively scheduled for July 9th.

Keep pounding those rivets guys, when they give you that pink slip, it is a feeling beyond description.

BTW my wedding aniversary is 7/27. A lot of the credit for my being able to do this is my better half, who puts up with the "obsession" that an experimental aircraft project can become.

Some stats
RV-4, O-360, Catto Prop, Dynon Flightdek D-180, GTX-327, GPSMap 296, Icon A-200. I am in the process of polishing it, not to win any beauty contests, but merely to keep it light

Congratulations!

Nice! Feels great isn't it? To time it to an important anniversary makes it even more memorable. My inspector came on my BD. Good luck with your first flight do not rush it :)

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on this almost last milestone.

With the prior mention of anniversaries and birthdays, guess I will jump in with the fact you plan on a first flight to commemorate my birthday, thanks:D

Good luck with the first one, get her up and down safely, then relax.

Back