What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Touch using GTN 6xx for NAV

bkervaski

Hellloooooooo!
Testing
I've been hunting the manual to see how to tell the G3X Touch that my GTN 6xx is connected and coming up short.

How do I configure the G3X Touch to use the GTN 6xx as the NAV source?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Touch the flight plan page then select external NAV box to switch to your GTN external navigator. I believe there are a nmber of ways to do it. One other is to touch the HSI, then the option to switch from the G3x internal to external will appear. Hope that helps a little

Did that answer your question? There is configuration guidance for the ARINC 429 in section 35.4.20 on page 35-122 of Rev. AG of the G3X installation manual. The G3X should see the GTN before using the internal GPS for navigation.

Thanks, all, for the help.

It seems there were some AIRINC and RS232 settings missing in the GTN settings, now the option for Internal or External nav shows up correctly on the flight plan.

I contacted g3xpert and within minutes had a thoughtful and thorough guide, love those guys.

Thanks, all, for the help.

It seems there were some AIRINC and RS232 settings missing in the GTN settings, now the option for Internal or External nav shows up correctly on the flight plan.

I contacted g3xpert and within minutes had a thoughtful and thorough guide, love those guys.

1 down 999 to go. :D

Back