What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Transition Training

rvbldr3170

Hi all,
Well, It's gettin' 'bout time to take some transition training, I'm gettin' near to flyin' this contraption.
Here's the problem. The insurance company says I have to have 5 hours of dual in a tailwheel RV, with an instructor approved by them. The other day, I spoke w/a local CFI/RV'er who has an RV-4, and he said he can do the training, but I need a full dual control, tailwheel RV for the mount.
Does anyone know of anyone within a couple of hours of Columbus, Ohio that can rent me an airplane? Or If it's someone who gives instruction in their plane, I can get them approved.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanx in advance

I am getting my transition training as we speak from Kent Gorton in Atlanta. He is a very accomplished pilot and has a RV6 set up for training. You could fly down to Atlanta for two days and knock out the training. His field is grass but 4 miles away is a excellent paved strip for pattern work. He has built or rebuilt several RV's and has two RV projects in his hanger now. Is overall knowledge of the aircraft is outstanding and he has several thousand taildragger hours.

www.kentgortonairsports.com

George

I will be in the same boat soon. Anyone know of someone in the Northeast who does RV/tailwheel transition training?

I give transition training!

I am a DAR and CFI, have a "LODA" fancy initials from the FAA allowing me to give transition training in my RV-7. If you need builder assistance, help locating and RV to buy; instruction, transition training, or a Certificate of Airworthiness, e-mail me at: [email protected]

I will be in the same boat soon. Anyone know of someone in the Northeast who does RV/tailwheel transition training?

You can fly Southwest from Phila to Orlando pretty cheap, and SWA has a sale going now. I flew from NH to Orlando & trained with Jan Bussell a couple months ago. It was great.

Jan-YES

I flew from Mississippi to West Palm and drove up to Jan - worth every penny!

Northern CalIfornia

I'm still waiting for an instructor to materialize in Northern Cal but still no joy. I'm within a few months of flying and I was sure one would have popped up by now.

Back