What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oil Filter Conversion

rvbldr3170

Hi all,
Will the Casper labs Vertical Oil Filter conversion fit an RV-4?
My engine has the oil screen and I want to convert it to a filter,but I don't know what will fit.
I am putting my battery on engine side of the firewall, and the space behind the oil screen (filter) is my preferred location for the battery,because I want to keep it centered as much as possible.

Any pictures or info will be appreciated

oil filter conversion

Hi all,
Will the Casper labs Vertical Oil Filter conversion fit an RV-4?
My engine has the oil screen and I want to convert it to a filter,but I don't know what will fit.
I am putting my battery on engine side of the firewall, and the space behind the oil screen (filter) is my preferred location for the battery,because I want to keep it centered as much as possible.

Any pictures or info will be appreciated

Anybody care to rspond??

Yes, but needs extension

I am using a 90 degree oil filter adapter on my RV-4 (dynafocal engine mount). It won't fit without the optional 2.5 inch extension. This facilitates a PC-680 battery directly behind it.

It did not fit my conical mount/320. Regardless of the size of the extension.

When we supply the ECI angled oil filter adapter, on a TMX engine, for an RV-4 or 8 we supply it with a 2.5 inch spacer that allows the filter and adapter to fit with no interference with the tubular engine mount. I have shipped many, many engines this way and all have fit fine to the best of my knowledge. If your battery installation is stock to Vans drawings the ECI adapter with a 2.5 inch spacer should work. If you click on our ad to the left and then on oil filter adapter kits or the photo album, there are pictures of the adapter. There is one in the photo album that shows the extension.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

I am mounting the ECI adapted to my engine on my RV-4 in a couple of days so will post a picture after it is installed.

Back