What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Radio Installation

Xkuzme1

Well Known Member
Hey folks. Id like to see if anyone has any ideas for how to install this radio with a PTT switch. It is a Flight Line 760 (FL-760). This radio has a specific diagram for installing it with a SPA-400 Intercom... which is what I have.

My current setup is:
SPA-400
single com - KLX-135a with PTT switch.

Id like to install this FL-760 with no audio panel. I want to have two different PTT switches on my stick so that I can talk on either one at the same time.

If I install it like it says (paralleling) the radios then the PTT would be broadcasting both radios simultaneously.

Thanks in advance.

Todd

here is a link to the install sheet
https://www.sigtronics.com/_pdf/air_pdf/air_intercom_pdf/SPA-400_Flightline_FL-760_Inst.pdf

Put in a switch to switch the PTT ground between the radios. Aka up is comm 1 down is comm 2. However, you need to see if the radios have a TX interlock. Otherwise when you transmit on one radio, the other will pick it up and blow out the audio with static. Sorry, not familiar with either radio as far as the wiring

Is there a way not to have a switch? Id like to only use PTT switches instead of a selector switch. I know a few other guys that have this set up that I fly formation with...

Did I chose a bad second radio?

T

Sure you could use 2 separate ptt switches. However, you still need to look into the TX interlock for each radio to verify they will work without picking up the transmission of the other radio.

Back