What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

wheel bearing part numbers

kritsher

Well Known Member
Can anyone please share the mfr/part numbers (links?) for the main gear bearings and the nose wheel bearings (original nose wheel design)?

Thanks - I'm away from my manuals and can't seem to find them with a quick search.

Ken,

The wheel assemblies on the RV-12 are manufactured by Matco and Section 4 of the builder instructions shows the following part numbers.

Nose wheel assembly is part number WHLNW51CC G25

The main wheel/brake assemblies are part number MHMHE51B

If you go to the Matco Mfg website they have parts lists available for the individual parts that make up each of the wheel assemblies.

Hope that is what you were looking for.

Happy flying,

Last edited:
follow up

Thank you John!

Regarding the nose wheel, I don't see the exact part number you list on Matco's site. If I delete the "G25" then 3 wheels show up:

one has tapered bearings - I know that's not it
one has .625" ball bearings
one had .75" ball bearings

Can anyone speak to which ball bearing is correct?

thanks again!

Ken,

If you call Matco they will know what parts they sell to Van's for the RV-12.

I have purchased items from their booth at Oshkosh and they knew what I needed for the RV-12.

Edit: Just returned from the hangar after looking at the packing list for the finish kit and as stated in my previous post, the part number listed for the Matco nose wheel assembly is WHLNW51CC. The number listed on the packing list for the main gear wheel/brake assemblies is MHMHE51B .... but the Matco owners manual shows the part number as MHE51B.

Last edited:
Back